Monday, February 16, 2009

and finally!

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I don't know if I can gift it anymore! some of the ink smeared on me :( and that made me upset (I might add because of my impatience); I've put all my heart to this project . I thought I'd frame it and give it to my parents...and to make another one will take me a long time, and this requires that I start and finish it at one go (at least the pencil trace, if not the ink and color coordination). But I must say I was pleased...I thought I'd never finish it, but alas! it was done last night. Alhamdulilah. So here is a lazy picture, insha'allah i will take a better one soon. It says "wa kulun min endi Allah"="everything/all is from Allah". Those words mean a lot to me...they speak to me at all levels and Calligraphy impresses me. As you can see though it is the most amateurish of its kind...insha'allah one day I'll make prettier ones...just need more practice, and free time.

Here is another one I made some years ago (3 yrs); the only difference between the two is the technique; for the top one I used ink (traditional means; dipping a quill) whereas the bottom one was just a good ol' felt pen. It says "Alhamdulillahi Rabil Alamin"="all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds".
I love the idea of dipping a quill...writing poems late at night, seeping sweet tea, day dreaming... :D (ok maybe not that!)


Peace & Blessings

Hikmet



2 comments:

Complicated Lexicality said...

mashAllah!
they are so nice!

BTW sister...do u go to ubc or sfu?

hikmet said...

Jaza'k Allah Kheir.

do you think its worth gifting? I thought I make another one just so I can give them a nicer one!

(i go to sfu)