Tuesday, March 10, 2009

200

It is a random number i guess. but this will officially be the 200th post I've published (minus 1/3 drafts and substantial deleted ones). There was a lot in my mind lately, that I wanted to share... let them be for now. But here is a poem that came to my mind this evening, I had to rush home to jot it down. Any guess who?

I looked towards you, as ever I do
With every array you hooked my soul
and claimed my every attention to you.
It is when you're weak that you overpower me
that time when you're about to retire for the day
dimming your magnificence away towards the west.
how, i riddle my soul you managed to stay strong
shinning on me, tickling every cord by the core?
how i ask, you leave me with more beauty
though you're long gone, leaving your glory.

well, if I'm saying it all let me mention
an open secret about my love for you too
by the day, the other glory, by night a mirage
oh what of you that has stolen my heartbeat
a lullaby so serene you sing to sooth me
putting me to sleep in peace with your shine on my face.
your array touches my mind, body and soul
that i reflect nothing but the Glory of Thee...

Subhan Allah, Wal Hamdu Lillah, Wa Allahu Akbar

Peace & Blessings
Hikmet

2 comments:

Hamid said...

salam akhee hikmet.


I see splendid beauty in ur words,ur style and ur blog.

Ur heart is reflecting the beauty within on this blog in the form of words.

Keep pouring out the radiance of your beauty within.

hikmet said...

awh, barak allahu fika.