Wednesday, December 5, 2007

a good day to be alive

What a wonderful world we livin' in. Alhamdu-Lilah. Open your heart and you can see the beauty in everyone--the secrets in life. I had a peculiar experience today, while on an errand to pick a document in Vancouver. The day started as I boarded this bus that took perhaps twice the time it would have taken me to get where I was going had I taken the usual root, but it had to happen (it was written, in other words, that I witness this part of the city that I'd have never been before)...so I went along...picked up this paper and started heading back home. So on my way back, I decided to pop into this store and check what they had when I noticed an RBC branch across the street. So I go there and by the time I was done, I just thought I can stop by that store on my leisure and instead go home and do my studying for my upcoming exam: I decided to catch this other bus (although I could have walked 2 mints and catch the sky train). Just then, at that particular moment, at the bus stop I meet this person...a bit hard to communicate (myself with less Arabic, and this person with few English...but we managed) but mind you, all this was meant... the amazing thing is that the more I reflect upon it, the more I realize that the reality of our existence is much more disheartening as much as it is glamorous. There is more reason to give a piece of who we are than there is to hide it--

I hope that I be granted the opportunity to be of service to all those around me, and be a source of peace for them, for the reality is much more worse than what we take for granted in our everyday life.
Alhamdu-Lilah I have a roof over my head and a food in my mouth...Alhamdu-Lilah I have a family, and people who care...Alhamdu-Lilah we are granted Life every other day to contemplate & be among those who manifest the Glory of the Most High. And most of all, Alhamdu-Lilah that I am a human being.

No comments: