Saturday, April 26, 2008

September 1, 1939



All I have is a voice
To undo the folded lie,
The romantic lie in the brain
Of the sensual man-in-the-street
And the lie of Authority
Whose buildings grope the sky:
There is no such thing as the State
And no one exists alone;
Hunger allows no choice
To the citizen or the police;
We must love one another or die.

(W. H. Auden)

I was watching "Tuesdays with Morrie". Morrie's recital of Auden's poem was one of the nicest part of the movie. Poems are very powerful, and often loaded with so much meaning.
------ -----

Dreams. I love it when I dream of people I've missed so much and I talk to them...and when I awake it fills me with peace. It was an interesting dream, having dreamt my late grandpa (we had some special memories), and last night he asked me how come I haven't called him in such a long time and reassured me he is doing fine where he is. So now I know how he is...may Allah bless him with peace. I once heard that when we sleep our souls depart from us and we soar up into the heavens and whomever we're destined to meet, we'll see them in our dreams (i don't know how true this is, but i'm glad dreams exist).

It is such a beautiful day out!


No comments: