Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Sacred Months: Part II



time is flying people!! January felt like it was a month ago or something...and guess what, it is already July! (feels like July-uary, eh?!)
For some reason, what dad always used to say to me is stuck in my head "it is when you don't do what you're looking to do that you complain about time..". In any case here is some food for thought, a Hadith we all read, heard about:

"Get a hold of five things before five things happen:
  • your YOUTH before your old age
  • your HEALTH before your sickness
  • your MONEY before your poverty
  • your FREE_TIME before your life
  • your LIFE before your death
(Narrated in Tirmidhi)
Salla'Allahu Aleyhi Wa'Salam

When I look back at this Hadith, it reminds me of what all the Prophets and messengers were sent to do:the preservation of five things. All the Prophets and Messengers may Allah raise their rank shared the following as a common ground in their rules:
  1. preserving one's honor.
  2. preserving the mind.
  3. preserving money.
  4. preserving lineage.
  5. preserving oneself.
The above five have their unique implications in shaping laws that were ordained to each Ummah that preceded us, including ours. Looking at each will give one an understanding of why the Shari'a rules are the way they are, and further more enables one to have an appreciation and love for this deen.

May Allah Subhanahu Wa'Ta'ala give us Barak in everything that we intend to do, and may He make us beneficiaries of whatever bounty He has bestowed upon us. (Ameen)

Rabi Isharhli Sadri, Wa Yasirli Amri, Wahlul Uqdatan min Lisani Yafqahu Qawli; Rabi Zidni Ilma

"O my Lord! open for me my chest and ease my task for me; and loose the knot from my tongue, that they understand my speech. My Lord! Increase me in knowledge."

Ameen



No comments: